Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I love my family

Of course, we have felt the full range of emotions since we started this process. Yesterday I scheduled our first home study visit and am trying to take baby steps and get a couple of things (paperwork, anyone?) completed each day. I called the Sherriff's office to schedule our fingerprinting and had to leave a message. The automated voice told me that the available appointments are usually two weeks out. Huh? I wasn't expecting that.

On a sweeter note, my beautiful children are really embracing the idea of having a new sister and it is so amazing to see how God has put a deep love for her in their hearts. After seeing her photo, my 4 1/2 yo keeps remarking about how he would like to take her right out of the photo and bring her here. My 8 yo thinks about her constantly: I really miss her, Mommy when you go see her, it will be so hard for you to have to come home and leave her, Mommy, don't forget to take a video of her when you go so I can see my baby. They pray for her every day and it's such a blessing. The most precious thing she said today was "This is the best thing that's ever happened to us so far." I agree and I love that she "gets" it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, that is the sweetest thing ever. The anticipation... Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kind words!