Saturday, February 19, 2011

Guess who?


An awesome fellow adoptive mom found a new photo of Maria on her country's orphan database website.  I have been so used to her other one that it's hard for my brain to look at this new one and make the connection. We showed the kids and even my youngest said, "That's not Maria." Well, she turned three in September and has grown a lot since that last photo. Isn't she adorable? I love the milk and bread dripping down her face, chin and bib. Her expression is like, "What do you want? Can't you see I'm busy?"

Her info originally said her eyes were brown, but that was obviously not accurate. Big blue eyes! She looks a lot like my youngest, Gigi. They're going to be like twins since they're so close in age too.

Anyway, I'm checking my mailbox everyday waiting for our immigration approval. Once that arrives, our dossier will be complete and ready to submit to her country.

We're getting very close! Thank you all for your continued prayers!

6 comments:

  1. She's perfect and I can just see her fitting in with your family, so much love surrounding her. I am so blessed to be on the journey with you. I can't wait for you to get your girl!

    Love finds a way,
    Renee
    chasing-moonlight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is beautiful! What a sweet little face! I am so excited for you guys and can't wait for Maria to join our Friday gathering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute!! She reminds me of Mylie. She gets that look, too! I can't wait for them to meet as they will be the same in age. Maria Maria Maria! Will be singing praises to God for our little Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that big girl! Too cute (and almost too busy to have her photo taken, ha ha). And you are definitely right- those eyes are beautiful and very, very blue! ;-)

    Hope you get the immigration approval soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we are just behind you in this process....we are waiting for fingerprint appointments. So fun that you got an updated picture of her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about getting used to a new picture. We were just blessed with two new ones of Micah also :) Digital gold!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kind words!