Tuesday, May 10, 2011

We received an update about our dossier today. Not good news. Not the news I was hoping for. This is what the email said:

It appears as though they are looking to hire a new Head of the Judicial Department, and in the interim the individual who is temporarily filling this position is delaying the registration process for "special needs" cases because nobody wants to take the responsibility to sign off and consequently is stalling by asking for corrections.  This is not unusual for [Maria's country] adoption cases we had the same problem in [other region] last Summer but eventually the dossier's were registered soon afterwards.

Maybe the Lord was preparing me for this news the last couple of days. Maybe all of you praying has lifted me up. I feel peaceful.  I'm glad to finally have an answer.  I'm not happy, but I know God is in control and am looking to Him for comfort. Oh, how glorious that we have the Holy Spirit to fill us!  I feel the Lord's presence and His love.

And I know what happens when His people pray!  Please pray for Maria's country and the justice department. That the scales will fall from their eyes and they will see God.  Pray for their hearts to change in the way they look at "special needs". Please pray that they give Maria a chance to have a family who will love her!

Here is one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite bands, Casting Crowns:

2 comments:

  1. Prayers and hugs for you and your family Gentry. The Lord is still right beside you. Grab a hold of His hand. He'll lead the way. I know that when I'm at my weakest point He's right there to pick me up and shake of the dirt of doubt and keeps me walking down the straight and narrow path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luis and Gentry,
    Stand firm on the foundation God has set before you knowing that no matter what the circumstance looks like He is in charge and moving on yours and Maria's behalf!
    This is the verse God gave me when we started our adoption journey. 1 Thessalonians 5:24
    faithful is He who calls you and He will bring it to pass. God will NEVER fail you of His plans for you.
    Bless You.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kind words!