Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I love my husband Part 1

Since it is almost Father’s Day, I’ve been planning a special post to honor my husband.  Tonight, though, I felt I needed to add a little about love and marriage.  Both of us are almost always exhausted.  I stay at home with the kids, homeschool them, take them to activities, shop, cook, clean, do all bills, adoption paperwork, adoption fundraising, etc. My husband works a full time job and a part-time job in the morning before his full time job begins, plays with his kids, brushes their teeth, listens to them and me, and helps me clean, fix and even cook sometimes!

I had a full day and was finally resting in bed and finishing up some computer business. He finished getting his assignment ready for tomorrow’s am job. He plopped onto the bed. “I’m so tired.” “Me too.“ “Are you going to get my lunch ready for tomorrow?” “No, I’m too tired”, was my reply.  He fell asleep.  A little while later, I felt the urge to get up and clean up downstairs, get some ibuprofen for my headache, and oh yeah, make my hubby’s lunch.  Now, I had NO intention of making his lunch tonight. I was too tired. He could figure it out on his own.  I now know the Lord had other plans.  He loves my husband so much, that He somehow helped me gather up the strength to get his lunch ready and coffee measured for tomorrow.  I realized it then that it had nothing to do with "feelings" of love for my husband or my attitude or that I’m a great wife J.  It had everything to do with the Holy Spirit humbling me and using me to bless my hubby and to bless me at the same time.  I’m telling you it was nothing less than supernatural.  Even when I don’t feel like “loving” I know that doing it will produce amazing fruit.

Thank you Lord for continuing to teach me and for blessing me through our marriage.  Next post, I’ll tell you about his milk crate cradle and his time in jail!


Love you, honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words!