Monday, September 12, 2011

Repentance and a Concert

These last two weeks have been pretty rough.  A friend of mine asked me last week, "Please tell me this is the hardest year of your life." "Yes" was my immediate response.

Looking back on that statement, however, I don't know if I can say that.  "Hard" is such a relative term.   I've been through "hard" things, but they aren't all been the same.  "Going through the fire" would probably be a more accurate term.  And I love that as we go through the fire, God is purifying and molding us more and more into who He wants us to become.

God is so gracious.  I cried a lot these last weeks.  I whined a lot.  I grumbled a lot.  I was really frustrated.  I was really tired.  I just didn't know what else to do.

Aha! That was the key!  I am so grateful that the Holy Spirit was able to gently rebuke me and draw me to Christ.  I cannot keep my heart in the right place, I cannot keep my faith strong- my flesh cannot!  Satan knows my weaknesses and he exposes them.  This is a spiritual battle, friends!  Christ alone can change my heart, can keep me strong and can encourage me!

Two verses that helped bring me to repentance are:

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."  Philipians 4:6-7


"For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit." Romans 8:5

In fact, I would encourage you to read all of Romans 8!  Wow, what a treasure trove of blessings and promises!

I thank God for those of you who have supported us financially and prayerfully!  We cannot do this alone and you are such a blessing to us!

Now, for the exciting part!

SAVE THE DATE!
SEPTEMBER 23, 2011
6:30 PM
CALVARY CHAPEL SANTA BARBARA

A FAMILY FOR MARIA BENEFIT CONCERT


featuring
LA SEMILLA, MUSIC OF THE ANDES


(Of course, I have a really awesome poster that I can't figure out how to upload to the blog...)

We are super excited about this upcoming concert! My husband's band will be reuniting after 10 years and it is going to be an amazing night!  We also will be sharing about what God has been doing through our adoption process.  I can't wait to be able to share Maria's story with our church!

Please pray for this event as it will be our last fundraiser before we travel.  
Also pray that more families will sense God's call to adopt.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your kind words!