During your adoption journey you are ikely to become child-focused instead of God-focused. Let me challenge you that if you are longing more for the child instead of the Savior, you may want to pause and take inventory of your relationship with God. I'd like to share a few truths we learned as we journeyed with God:
- You aren't waiting on man, you are waiting on God. (Wow- this is a hard one!)
- God isn't going to send you where He is absent.
- God is not bound by geography, timelines, politics or finances. (Did you hear that?)
- God hasn't asked you to walk this path alone. Not only will He remain with you each step of the way, He has prepared many warriors to go into battle with you. You'll be amazed at who He uses to meet your needs.
- Don't put serving the King on hold. Waiting doesn't equate to idleness. Invest in the wait; don't waste it.
- God's gifts to us are never late (MARIA is a gift); they are always on time and far beyond what we could ever imagine.
Lord, help me to daily surrender all, and to deny myself and follow You, for Your glory.