Friday, March 11, 2011

Whistle while you work

I'm laying in my my bed right now and my whole body is aching. I've been cleaning for a week so we can move into our new house the first weekend of April.  My Dad has been helping me while my Mom and sister watch the kids. It's been hard to be away from my kids all day and it's been really hard work, but it will be worth it in the end.  Tomorrow is painting day-can't wait!

We finally were able to get our last six documents mailed out today. Our notary had been out of town and then her kids were sick, so we ended up waiting a couple of weeks to get them done. They are off to the Secretary of State and then to our agency who will send the big ol' dossier to Maria's country where we will officially be registered to adopt there. Then they will send us an invitation to come to be matched with a child (a formality since we have already requested to be matched with Maria).

There have been a couple of new developments since I last blogged. It looks like we will more than likely have to take three trips instead of two because of processing delays for Maria's visa and passport.  I received our travel packet and there is still a lot of paperwork to prepare and probably notarize to get ready before our court appointment (second trip). 

I was emotionally up and down last week when realizing that we are getting so close, yet don't have the funds to actually make it happen. We are walking by faith and trusting, but it is hard and the doubt constantly slips in and we have to keep going back to God's promises. Well, we then received great news about an interest free loan that we are probably going to get that we can pay back when we get our adoption tax refund next year! 

We constantly see God providing what we need when we need it.  But it's so hard not to glance over and go "Yeah, but where's the other $15,000 going to come from?" Yes, $15,000.  But it's not my plan, it's His and it's not something I'm going to worry about right now.

In fact, I'm going to bed. I'm exhausted and there's more to do tomorrow.

Thank you for your prayers, may God bless you for your faithfulness.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Gentry,
    Just wanted to let you know you and your family are always in our thoughts and prayers. I know all that cleaning and moving is tough.. especially when all you want to do is get to your girl!! I wish I was closer, I would love to help you out! Much love.

    Love finds a way,
    Renee Tam
    chasing-moonlight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kind words!