Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A life created for purpose

I have been meeting lots of families at our local Down Syndrome Association playgroup. Last Friday, my new friend showed me a brochure she and her friend designed and how they have been putting them in waiting rooms to help educate people about Down Syndrome. She didn't know her daughter had Down Syndrome until she was born. She told me that her OB/GYN actually encouraged women to abort their child with Down Syndrome (this same Dr. actually delivered my son in the hospital). Well, after this sweet baby was born and my friend kept visiting her Dr., the Dr. totally changed her mind! She pointed to another woman at the play group and told me that the Dr. had this woman call her, because her baby was diagnosed with Down Syndrome. And here she was with  her beautful 17 month old son! A life was saved!  I looked at my friend and said "Wow, God has given you an amazing ministry!" She looked at her daughter who ran by us and said, "No, God has given her an amazing ministry!"

I cannot wait to see how God is going to use Maria!

But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty.  1 Corinthians 1:27

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blog, thank you for sharing, Gentry. I can't wait to see Maria home with all of you. In His timing, that is so true. Thank you for reminding me of that today.

    Love wins,
    Renee Tam
    5cajuns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kind words!