Friday, January 7, 2011

Where we are: the waiting game

It's amazing how much more patient and peaceful I have become over the last months. I think I normally would be pulling my hair out over the paperwork chaos mixed with trying to buy a house in a short sale chaos. But God has really given me a peace that passes all understanding. I don't understand it. But I'm good. 

Our homestudy should be notarized by Monday and then sent to us. As soon as we get it, we need to send a copy to US Immigration. They will send us an appointment to get fingerprints. When that's done we will wait for their approval. That document needs to be notarized, certified and included in our adoption packet sent to Eastern Europe.

Also, once we get our homestudy, we can apply for some other adoption grants. We also need to get more documents notarized and sent to Sacramento to be certified by the Secretary of State's office.

I had hoped that everything would be ready to send to EE by the end of January, but I totally forgot about Immigration. I should know by now since my husband is an immigrant and we had to go through temporary resident, permanent resident and then citizenship statuses. Thank God he is a US Citizen now! 

I was a little disappointed when I came to this realization, but I know God has the perfect timing for all things and I trust Him.   So maybe we won't be travelling in March for our first trip. Maybe April? It just kills me to know she is there waiting.because.of.paperwork!  She doesn't know yet she has a Mommy and Daddy and sisters and brother who love her so much and can't wait to love on her. My husband also reminded me that it gives us more time to raise the funds. 

Speaking of which, I need to add some type of ticker on the side of my blog because I want it to show all of the donations we've recieved, not just the Chip-in/Pay pal donations.   We put $5000 of our savings and we've raised about $6000 so far. Very exciting and humbling. In the beginning, we were getting a little nervous because there was only one donation of $50 (which we truly are thankful for) for a long time. But now, we've seen God move in ways that have already surprised and blessed us. In fact, it's interesting that more has come from others than we had contributed.

Thank you everyone for participating in our mission to save one of God's precious orphans from a life without hope!


We love you Maria and can't wait for you to be here with us!


1 comment:

  1. I hope she is home soon! How long do you think it will take to get approval?

    Catherine
    http://wronginalltherightways-travcat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kind words!