Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I want my baby

I just want to go get Maria. No, I don't really care for airplanes or taxis or a being in a place where I don't speak the language. But my heart aches for this little girl.  I watched a video of another family bring home their daughter and I just lost it. I couldn't hold back the tears. I want my baby. She needs me. She needs her sisters and brothers. She needs her daddy.

But we're still waiting for a travel date that we should have received already. These things just happen. International adoption is unpredictable, long, arduous and costly. But we press on because of this:


She needs a family and God had planned out long before He formed her that she belonged in ours.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. Although several doors were closed for help with our financing, God opened up another.

We received a $6000 grant from Show Hope! I cried when I read the letter because we had been receiving bad news for several days. I was expecting (another) rejection letter.  I couldn't believe it, I really thought it was a long shot, but would try anyway. We are so humbled by God every day that He provides what we need. He is faithful!

That means we only need around $2000 more for our first trip!  We will be having a yard sale/bake sale on May 28. We are accepting donations of items for the yard sale or baked goods.  We would also welcome help organizing/setting up/selling on the big day. 

I will leave you with the passage our Pastor taught from on Sunday.  The greek word for "redemption" means: to deliver by payment of ransom.  Sounds like adoption to me! We're coming for you Maria!

He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.    Colossians 1:13-14





3 comments:

  1. Praying the same prayers right alongside you, Gentry. Hopefully all of the RR kiddos will be with their moms soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gentry, I'm sorry I didn't intend to make you cry :( I know how that longing feeling feels. You're in my prayers. Praise God for His provision for your adoption!Wish I were closer because I'd gladly help out with your garage sale.
    We're covered for our first trip but not completely for the second. Trusting God for His provision. I know it will be perfect timing. Just wish my flesh could always see it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You weren't the only one that made me cry, Carolyn! I watched two videos that made me cry last night. The videos seem to always do it for me!

    Thank you all for your prayers- we have been blessed and KNOW and TRUST in the Lord's timing and provision.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your kind words!